Touchy

This is for the topics you always wanted to talk about, but never had the nerve, or didn't want to cause controversy or confusion.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Humility Is A Virtue As Well


I have found myself at odds, with peoples opinion whom I value. As I have continued to discuss these issues. Something else has been revealed to me. Some things aren't for everybody to know. They won't see it, no matter what you show them. Jesus performed miracles before their eyes. They still didn't believe him. Thank God for insight, beyond average understanding. But even when you're right, if no one wants to listen. What affect does it have on the people around you? I have learned lately. If it doesn't make people want to learn more. It may do more harm than good. Don't bring up something, that may drive them away. And then wonder why, they don't stay around to listen. People like to have their say, even when they're wrong. It makes them feel important. I may very well have a point, about Jesus dying. But what if it only confuses others? Those people that understand what I'm saying. Appear to already be students, of the word. Those aren't the ones, we are necessarily trying to reach. It's those people, who haven't accepted Jesus Christ yet. That we need to catch.

What better calling card,than to have someone die for you? That's someone, that definitely has your back. If you come to the faith, and follow instructions. You will understand exactly what I mean. I have come to learn, that I have been blessed with the gift of discernment. Which is a gift everyone doesn't have. To alienate everyone, that doesn't see things that way. Is being judgmental like the Pharisees were. Sometimes instead of proving them wrong. It might help to point them elsewhere. Arrogance disguised as confidence, is not of God. As a Christian, I must find a way to benefit the kingdom. Take the focus off, of my personal interpretations. It is not my intent to turn people off. While in search of background for something else. I ran across these Chuck Missler Commentaries. The particular commentary in question is highlighted. It make my point much better, than I possibly could. This study is lengthy, but very informative. Some things are better taken, when coming from someone else. Go to the website below:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/c/1152143521-1348.html

1 Comments:

Blogger Blinders Off said...

Nice Blog...you are a person with a lot on his mind. The picture on this post is POWERFUL, I hope you do not mind I copied it to look at it closer for myself. What is the name of the picture?

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/div>