Touchy

This is for the topics you always wanted to talk about, but never had the nerve, or didn't want to cause controversy or confusion.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Give Us Barabbas

I couldn't find this passage anywhere, but I knew it was there. I was not spelling the name correctly. It is ironic that you don't get any assistance with spiritual questions. Even among other believers you don't get very much help. I have access to the spell check function. Which normally gives derivative spellings, or corrects mistakes. When I mispelled the name Barabbas, I got no help.When I finally spelled it right, there was a wealth of information. Which gave me the study tools necessary to write this subject. For those who are exact, and meticulous in their observations. Here is the scripture that was used :

Luke 23:18 (Whole Chapter)
And they cried out all at once, saying, Away with this man, and release unto us Barabbas:

I wanted to post exactly what was written,so we would have an example to go by. The title doesn't quote the scripture exactly. I think it's clear what the title means. It seems that those who challenge Christianity as well as authority, seem to harp on not repeating exactly what was written.In todays lingo we would probably say "give us Barabbas". The Jews chose the imprisoned murderer, Barabbas over Jesus Christ. That is very much the attitude we have today.The people of the world are willing to accept anything, other than what's right. We would go to war for someone like,Stanley "Tookie" Williams. Yet we entertain the idea of closing the churches on Christmas. Why do we choose good over bad? Were we as a people in that same situation. I wonder would we say "give us Barabbas"?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Любопытно. Подпишусь-ка я для РСС пожалуй. :) [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-stroitelstve-domov/65-stroitelstvo-domov-iz-brusa.html]ремонт 1 квартиры[/url]

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/div>